January 14, 2010

Washington Post, Doc Jensen Chat about the show

Check out this chat with the Washington Post reviewers, Jen and Liz, and guest Doc Jensen of Entertainment Weekly.

Lots of theories, guesses and fun. Spoiler free except for the mention of a few characters who are returning.

A sampling:

Reston, Va.: Liz, Jen, you know I love you, but my geek-brain is exploding over the fact that Doc Jensen is sitting in on our little chat! I'm wondering what his position is on the Ben, Good or Evil, debate.

Jeff Jensen: All this depends on what was meant when by Richard's statement that if he saved Young Ben, the kid's innocence would be lost and that he'd become one of them. My theory? In being saved, Ben basically lost his free will and became a pawn of The Island's will, an extension of it. Ben is basically then exempt from good and evil; his fate is controlled by a greater intelligence/agency. The question is: Is That greater intelligence/agency good or evil? (Assuming I am correct.)

Jen Chaney: And this supports my theory that Ben deserves a little of our sympathy. Thank you, Jeff Jensen!

No comments: